Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Drawing Day 13 - Sharks and Personal Items

Drawing Day 13 - Was a marathon drawing day and a nightmare. The challenge was to sketch a shark from the picture Kelly posted. Not a snark just swimming Thursday the water but a great white with its jaws wide open. I worked on this all day. I started on black and used white, because it a great white shark;-) and covered the 6x8" glass. Started, and started, and started. I just could not let it go. 8 hours later I look at it and the top teeth are white, positive, and the bottom teeth black-negitive. So I fixed that as best I could. Then dumped too much white in the mouth so I added black and it looked like the poor shark has a pile of coal down its throat. So he's going in the kiln because I mixed up so much black and white. And the sides look like flames shooting out his sides. It's funny. I hope I can let it go for the next drawing. Gave me a headache. Here's the shark and then there's my dirty mouth shark - potty mouth shark.

1 comment:

  1. I've got to say.. I might just like your potty mouth shark better! 8 hours of practicing mindfulness=priceless!

    ReplyDelete